- Applicants to the Mountainview boarding program will submit a boarding application along with their application to school.
- On testing day, in addition to procedures involved in school admissions, an interview will be set up between the applicant, his/her parents, the boarding administrator, and the boarding home parents.
- Applicants will be notified concerning dorm acceptance at the same time they are notified concerning school acceptance. Only applicants who are admitted to Mountainview may have a place in our boarding program.
- Admission to school does not guarantee admission to the dormitory.
- Students who are admitted to the school but placed on a waiting list for the dorm will by notified by the first week of August.
Admissions: Acceptance into the boarding home program will be based on…
1. Submission of a completed Boarding Application form.
2. Satisfactory interview with the boarding parents.
3. Acceptance into the school.
4. Space availability in the appropriate dormitory.
Priorities for Admission: If dormitory spaces are limited, admission priority is given in the following order:
1. Child whose parents live more than two hours from Salatiga.
a. Child whose parents work for a non-profit Christian organization [NPCO] from North America*
b. Child of NPCO parents – not from North America*
c. Child whose parents work for or own businesses in Indonesia [business]*
*Within each of these categories, priority would be granted to families who live in areas with limited educational options.
2. Child whose parents live within a 2-hour drive (commuting distance) of Salatiga (typically Semarang or Solo residence) **
a. Child of NPCO parents from North America.
b. Child of NPCO parents – not from North America
c. Child of business parents
**Boarding admission for those who live within commuting distance will not be confirmed until the first week of August. Note also that boarding space is granted on a year-by-year basis for students who can commute. Thus, acceptance into the dorm for a given year does not guarantee space for the following year.
Please click below to download a pdf or Word document of our boarding application form. If you wish to apply for boarding, please print the pdf or download the Word document, complete it, and return it by on of the following methods:
- email an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- fax to 62-298-321609
- mail to
Mountainview International Christian School
P.O. Box 142
Salatiga 50711 Jateng