CERTIFICATION & PHILOSOPHY READINGS
Teachers are expected to complete their ACSI teacher certification by the beginning of the second year of service. To read about the ACSI certification process or to download the necessary documents, click this link: ACSI Certification
PHILOSOPHY OF CHRISTIAN EDUCATION COURSE REQUIREMENTS
If they haven't already done so, teachers are required to complete the Philosophy of Christian Education Course requirements during their first two years of service.
1. Watch the DVD series.
2. Read ALL of the following books:
- Foundations of Christian School Education
- Love Your God With All Your Mind
- Teaching Redemptively
- Third Culture Kids
3. Read ONE of the following books:
- Virtuous Minds
- By Design: Developing a Philosophy of Education Informed by a Christian Worldview
- A Christian Paideia: The Habitual Vision of Greatness
- Truth & Transformation
- The Pattern of God’s Truth
- Steppingstones to Curriculum
- Guiding Faculty to Excellence
4. Write approximately six typed pages on your personal understanding of the crucial elements of a Christian philosophy of education, and submit this paper to your administrator.